ZEECO® Scanners and Monitors
Zeeco’s new, patented FlareGuardian™ eliminates inaccuracies and delayed results inherent to indirect flare monitoring. Rather than determining compliance and combustion efficiency through a time-consuming, repetitive process of measuring inputs, assuming reactions and velocities, and arriving at an assumed operating status, FlareSenty directly, remotely, autonomously, and continuously monitors flare performance in real time.
FlareGuardian also allows operators to eliminate tedious aiming, data reduction, and ongoing operation and maintenance costs associated with other flare monitoring methods. Current flare operators have been limited to indirect flare monitoring options including Gas Chromatograph (GC), flare gas flow controls and monitoring, and steam / air controls in the past. Now, the maintenance and calibration-free Zeeco FlareGuardian offers an alternative direct monitoring system that eliminates ongoing maintenance and operational costs. Cost savings vary depending on the current indirect monitoring method, but in many cases operators can save more than 50% of the capital, operation, and maintenance costs over the life of the equipment.
Design Features and Benefits:
- Provides real time combustion efficiency, smoke index, and pilot status for a complete picture of flare performance
- Continuous data availability for optimized flare performance
- Simplify monitoring, reporting, and compliance activities
- Patented technology
- Remote mounted, non-contact monitoring
- More accurate results versus indirect monitoring
- Autonomous operation eliminates “aiming” or manual data reduction
- Smoke index assists in achieving incipient smoke conditions day and night
- Short measurement cycle (milliseconds, averaged over seconds to 1 minute) enables quick response and minimizes cost for supplemental fuel
- Industrial interface allows for closed loop flare operation and control based on direct combustion efficiency and smoke index values